JOINING THE GUILD
The Guild had an unprecedented number of new members join November - March, which was wonderful, but also presented some new challenges. We strive to provide our high quality safety and tool training in a timely manner and are not able to meet that time standard given the number of new members. To address this, the Board of Directors implemented a temporary hiatus to new membership so that we can catch up and manage capacity.
Beginning April 2, 2023, people wishing to join the Guild will be placed on a waiting list.
As of March 12, we have started to invite Waitlist members to complete registration. This will continue in a phased-in manner to best match new members with class capacity. When it is your turn, you will receive an email that your enrollment window has opened. You will have 10 days to complete the registration process. If for some reason, you are not able to register in that time frame, your name will remain on the waitlist but will be moved to the end. If you wish to be placed on the Membership Waitlist - click this link: MEMBERSHIP - WAITLIST
The enthusiasm for joining the waitlist has been tremendous and we thank you in advance for your patience while we work through this process.
1) If you will not be using the shop or taking classes, join the waitlist and email membership@guildoforegonwoodworkers.
2) if you need to change Membership Levels, email membership@guildoforegonwoodworkers.
Quick List of things to know:
Membership is currently an annual fee of $75.
Shop use requires a progression of safety classes:
1. Introduction to Guild Safety - $40. Required of all members who want to use the shop or take classes.
2. Getting Started with Power Tools - $90. Required for beginners. covers drivers, drills, hand held router, etc
3. Core Tools - $160. Required for Machine Room tools use. This is two 4 hour sessions covering the professional grade equipment in the machine room. It covers table saw, jointer, planer, bandsaw, drill press etc. (Several other machines require separate certification such as the router table and panto-router).
After your membership registration is completed, you will be able to use the Calendar to view, and register for classes online. Once your safety certifications are complete, you will use the Calendar to register for Open Shop time, and the other varied events and volunteer opportunities that happen at the Guild.
There is more detail here: NEW MEMBERS