Andy Johnson-Lairds Tools & Wood Auction
Sept 24, 2022
9:00 - 12:00
Where: 5010 SE Regner Rd, Gresham — Dale Larson’s shop
When: Saturday, 9/24. Viewing will start at 9a, Auction will start at 10a, expected to last about 2 hours
Questions: contact Dale Larson at email@example.com
Auction of Andy Laird-Johnson’s wood and equipment Sept. 24th: Andy was a great supporter of the local and national woodturning community. He died earlier this year. Graeme Priddle, Kevin and I cleaned out Andy’s shop. Most of the equipment is going to the school Graeme is setting up in Asheville North Carolina. The rest of the wood and equipment is at my place. We are going to have an auction to sell off the equipment and wood. All of the money is going to go to help Graeme set up the school. Andy had an excellent collection of wood and tools. Below is a list.
A couple of comments. Parking is somewhat limited at my place so if you can share rides it would be good. We would appreciate payment in cash or checks. We will be able to take credit cards but it is not our first choice. The wood and equipment will be auctioned off with no reserve price. The one exception is the pieces of beautiful Coco Bolo turning blocks. They simply are not available any more. Graeme has placed a reserve price on each piece and bidding will start there on the Coco Bolo. If it doesn’t sell, Graeme will keep the piece.
I have attached five pictures of most of the wood. Photo 1 is most of the planks, #2 is the myrtle blocks and exotic blocks, #4 is the domestic turning blocks and equipment, #5 is the spindle pieces and mostly maple burl, #6 is the cocobolo, jarrah and eucalyptus burl.
Equipment in auction: (most of the equipment is brand new or barely used). Other equipment may end up in the auction.
· Kelton Eccentric faceplate M33,
· Kelton Angle face plate M33 thread
· Don Derry hollowing system
· McNaughton hollowing system with 8 blades, large, medium and small
· Complete Stewart hollowing system
· Bosch Deluxe router guide RA1054
· Bosch router table RA1181
· Bosch Router 1619EVS
· Vermec sphere turning jig
· Airstream breathing helmet AS-400
· laser pens
Wood in auction:
· 17 pieces of Myrtle bowl blanks (from 3” x 6 1/2” x 6 1/2” up to 6 1/2”x 12” x 12”)
· 13 nice pieces of Coco Bolo bowl blanks (from 4” x 6” x 6” up to 4” x11” x 11”)
· 18 pieces of Tasmanian Eucalyptus and Jarrah burl (from 3” x 5” x 5” up to 4” x 14” x 16”)
· spindle blanks of Bubinga, walnut, mahogony and colored wood
· planks of yellow poplar, Imbuya, Walnut, Bubinga, Mahogony, Amirillo, and Myrtle
· Turning blocks of Bloodwood, Pacific Yew, walnut, maple burl, figured maple, red oak, Bocote, purpleheart, mahogony and one stunning piece of Goncalo Alves.
There are also four boxes of books on woodturning and woodworking and a pile of videos.
Please come support Graeme Priddle’s school.