Introduction to Guild Safety
Instructor: Jeff Hilber
Welcome to the Introduction to Guild Safety class. Every Guild member wishing to take other Shop classes, participate in the Projects groups, or use the shop for personal projects, this is a required class, regardless of experience or skill level.
Taught by a 35-year career furniture maker, there is something for everyone. For those with little or no woodworking experience, this class is especially for you.
Included in the class is a tour of the Guild Shop, introducing the stationary tools and their function.
This class is about 3-1/2 hours.
Please complete the following before class:
1. Fill out the self-evaluation section of the Evaluation Form. Guild Evaluation Form
2. Before the class date, email the completed Guild Evaluation Form to:
3. Print out and bring a signed Liability Release form.
4. Read the Guild Safety Manual and take the Test. Bring it to class finished. Answers will be reviewed in class.
5. Open these Links, and review for the class.
Guild First Aid Class
Policy on the Use of Personal Protective Equipment
Portable Power Tool Tips
What is Plain Sawn?
Upon completion of the Intro to Guild Safety class, you may be directed to:
1. A second beginning class, Getting Started; required for those with little or no experience
with portable power tools.
2. Bypass the Getting Started class and start the path to the Shop Certification classes.
For more information on the Shop Certification process: https://guildoforegonwoodworkers.org/Safety-Classes-&-Shop-Certification
Please register online and remit payment at once. Your registration is not complete without payment.
This is a Guild Member only class. Not a Member? Visit the Membership page and JOIN now.
Review Shop Safety and Covid Information